Friday, April 11, 2008

Answers to prayer and other such things...

As to answers to prayer...
This is Ana Sarahi.

I sent out a prayer request through my mother earlier this week for this little girl, and I am very grateful to all who are praying for her. Ana was born with bilateral clubbed feet. She traveled yesterday (Praise the Lord) from Honduras to the States for surgery. I believe this little girl is only 3 years old, and in order for her to get the surgery she needs, she had to leave her mom and dad and travel alone to a different country where they don't speak her language, all for an operation... I can't even imagine how scary that is for a little kid. She will be living with a host family in the states probably for a minimum of 2-3 months before she can return to her family here in Honduras.

On to other such things...

Today was crazy, as expected. Friday's are always nuts, and there are always more emergencies on Friday. We had 6 emergencies today (only 3 beds in the emergencia). I started the morning with an unconscious diabetic with a BG of 32, and rounded off the day with a hypertensive alzheimer's patient that tried to hit me twice. All in a day's work...

With Sheree in Chile this week, I spent a lot of time getting to know some of the other staff that I work with, and getting to know the town better (as I had to walk home twice). I had many opportunities to chat with them this week that were a blessing to me, and I hope to them as well. Every conversation is still painful for me, but worth it. I found myself frusturated and embarassed several times this week with communicating, but I think I am growing more accustomed to feeling like that, and it doesn't seem to hinder me quite as much as it did before. That was a huge answer to prayer for me...humility can be a tough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are in our prayers, it is amazing how needy and desperate things can get. Lori Price price.lorim@gmail.com

Carol said...

Dad says, "You sound so grown up!" We know that all of these experiences are really maturing you in many ways. We are so proud of all that you are doing. We see that God is using you greatly,
Love and miss you,
MOM